Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hybernating and Skating

This week has been awfully cold. Yes it is January and yes we live in Alberta, but -40 is never a good thing regardless of where we live. Jimmer and I have literally been home for the last 4 days straight. I snuck away for 1 hour last night to get some groceries, but other than that we have gone no where and I've been really happy about that. When the weather is that nasty I am just glad to be home.

He's quite the momma's boy. He likes to spend time with his daddy, but if I'm anywhere in site he with cause quite the fuss.

Snuggling while watching Lion King.

Jimmer loves food. I started him on solids a couple weeks ago, but had to stop because his tummy wasn't agreeing with it and he wasn't sleeping well. He sure eye balls us whenever we're eating. I'll wait until we meet with the pediatrician tomorrow to start up again.

Ava started skating with her grade 1 class last Monday. This is the first time she's been on the ice and has really taken a love for it. She originally started in the Grizzly group and has quickly advanced to the Deer group. Last Friday we went skating as a family and had the whole rink to ourselves. This was Ava's third time skating and by the end of the evening she was whizzing around...faster than me. Her and I went again on Saturday night for Toonie skate. This time there were lots more people at the rink, but we still had a great time. We'll definitely make this a regular occurrence for our family.

1 comment:

Mandy D said...

This post just made me realize that I need to take my family skating! It looks like you guys have had so much fun! I love all the pictures!