Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Feeling Like Trash

I've been sickie sick for the past few days...was layed up in bed all day yesterday after my mom came and took care of me!! Thanks mom for supplying me with plenty of juice, slurpee, lozengers, tylenol 3, and mouth wash. I finally made it to the DR. today only to discover that I have strep throat...

Strep throat is a bacterial infection of the tissues in the back of the throat and the tonsils. The tissues become irritated and inflamed, causing a sudden, severe sore throat. There are many different strains of strep bacteria, some of which cause more serious illness than others. The type of strep that most commonly infects the throat is called group A beta-hemolytic streptococcus (GABS). Other types that can sometimes infect the throat are groups C and G strep bacteria.

I'm sure that you all wanted to know a little bit more about this infection...haha!!

1 comment:

Mandy D said...

I am so sorry you have been sick! Strep is terrible. Get better soon!