Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Running Chapter!

I keep reading all these blog posts of people starting to eat healthy and get in shape now that the weather has turned for the better. I'd like to think that I have always been pretty health conscious...other then the fact that I am a sugar junkie which I may need to try a little harder at curbing...and I have been running a ton. I must say that I am so sick of treadmill running. The weather has not turned for the better, so I'll have to continue to be cooped up until it decides to get warmer. I was hoping to be ready to run the Salt Lake half marathon in April, but that has come and gone...not the best weekend anyways. Now I am looking at alternate ones. I would love to run the Disneyland half the end of August, but that is on Sunday. Then I was looking at the LV half in December, but that is on Sunday as well. If anyone actually reads my blog what are your thoughts on running this race on Sunday??

5 comments:

Mandy D said...

There are qyuite a few runs here in Utah that aren't on a Sunday. You just need to come down here more often.

Amy said...

There is the Logan half and full marathon (Top of the Mountain- is the name, I think) in September. You can join me for the DAM marathon next June. (Idaho) There is an Ogden one every May and I am doing a 10k for So Weber days in August. And you know about the Missoula one.

Cait said...

One, I wish I was motivated enough to do something like run a marathon. So if I worked hard enough as I'm sure you do to be able to run a marathon I would say that doing it on a Sunday would be okay. It's not going to be a weekly thing so I think one should be alright! And two, good for you for running, I'm hoping that after this baby comes out I will maybe start doing something!

Fernandez Family said...

Oh Suz. Are you looking for permission to break the sabbath? Kidding. For starters you are totally a health nut. Always working out. I know you have never gone too long without working out or starting a new program. You'll love running and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with completing a race. I agree with Davis Family above - there are lots of races in Utah and rarely on Sundays. I used to get emails from a site called Utah Trails or something like that. They posted all the upcoming races throughout the Utah valley. But then again - I agree with Caitlin - knowing that it won't be a weekly habit of yours. Our office used to run the Race for the Cure every year in honor of an past assistant who died of breast cancer. Anyway - this "comment" is way too long. Obviously I need to call you or something!

Suz said...

Thanks for everyone's input. I pretty much knew what I would do before hand, but just had to get opinions. I'll see what I can do about finding a race on a Saturday, but if not then I guess that one wouldn't hurt!!