Monday, December 15, 2008

Special Weekend!!

This past weekend was so great!! I was able to go home and spend time with all of my family. Lindsay, Becky and I drove down on Thursday night and missed the crazy winter storm on Friday which was a relief. Unfortunately Kristi and Jared had to drive right through it on Friday afternoon, but they made it safe and sound. Even though it was a crazy time to be on the roads and the weather wasn't the best I was still able to have such a special time on Saturday morning as I was able to go to the temple for the first time. I couldn't have been happier with how things turned out and feel good about this decision that I made!! Life couldn't be better. Having all my family there made it that much more special and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I appreciate all of them for making the trip to share this time with me. I also was blessed to have Lindsay there...she has been such a great friend to me and is always there when I need a listening ear!! I missed you Tanya, but realize the roads were not in the best shape. I guess that's what we get for living in Alberta.










5 comments:

Mandy D said...

What a great weekend!! You have such a great family and it is so nice everyone was able to make it for such a special day. You are looking way too sunkissed to be in the middle of winter. I am very jealous!

Cait said...

I am so happy for you Susan, isn't going thru the temple a wonderful experience? And it gets better every time! That is the one positive thing about Edmonton - a temple. But soon Calgary will have one too!!!

abby said...

congrats, susan! it's wonderful you had such a great experience. and i think the more you go to the temple, the better it gets!

and i agree with above commenter: How are you so tan??

Suz said...

Thanks!! IT's nice to have a temple so close so I can go often. Living in Etown I have to have some sort of escape which includes a visit to the tanning bed often! :)

Amy said...

That was such a great experience. We were so glad to be there. I love all the pictures!