Sunday, December 11, 2011

Here Comes Santa Claus

One of the highlights of our year is the Teck Christmas parties. Last night Shane and I had our first date since Jimmer has been born and went to our work Christmas party. As hard as it was to leave my baby at home for the first time it was nice to get out and enjoy good friends and good food. We got one phone call from the baby-sitter, but everything worked out and the kids were both really good.

What was even better than the adult Christmas party was the kids Christmas party today. Santa was there to give the kids their presents and we were standing in line for what seemed like forever. By the time it was our turn Jimmer had fallen asleep, so I missed the reaction from him that I was hoping. When he finally woke up I took him back to get a couple pictures to capture his reaction. Ava was like a kid in a candy store. She was running around grabbing every piece of candy she could get her hands on. It was hilarious because they had a table full of cupcakes and she kept running over to get more and more. Jimmer was the bell of the ball. I take him to St. Gregory school once a month for an anti-bullying program called Roots of Empathy. He goes to the grade four class and there were a couple kids there from the class. They were so excited to see him and so excited to be able to hold him. Such a great time of the year!!


3 comments:

Danielle said...

I am so glad to see so many new posts lately!! Emma has had me read them at least 5 times each, I could probably recite them to you verbatim. Jimmer is so big and cute and Ava is such a little beauty. We can't wait to see you guys even if it is for just a couple of hours on boxing day. Love you guys.

Mandy D said...

I LOVE the pictures! I am so glad you have been posting more often :) It is fun to keep up on how things are going. We need to chat soon!

Allan said...

Did you press charges on Santa for the death grip on Jimmer's leg in pic 2?